Devising a New Curriculum... Together!

What's New at the CO-OP! How the CWG Study Group Curriculum Project began and where we're going from here...
CanDoCOOP
Site Admin

Devising a New Curriculum... Together!

Post by CanDoCOOP » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:34 am

When I began working with Neale Donald Walsch in the “Advanced Integrations” program at [url=http://CWGConnect.com]CWG Connect[/url] this fall, he directed me to CWG Book 2, Chapter 9 (see below,) for information on Education. Our family has been homeschooling for the past 30 years, and I am also the founder of the [url=http://facebook.com/ilearninfreedom]iLearn in Freedom Network[/url] for alternative, cooperative, and democratic education. I have been a student of divine Science (metaphysics) as taught by Mary Baker Eddy for the past 25 years, and a follower of Neale’s work since I first fell in love with his down-to-earth style when [i]The Secret[/i] came out in 2006.

Homeschooling is the perfect platform for “devising a new curriculum” to promote self-directed, interest-based, spiritually-rich courses such as those recommended by God in CWG. I introduced this project to the members of our homeschool group,[i] CanDo! [/i]Creative Arts CO-OP (CCAC), and it has been well-received. We are just finishing up our Week 10 Unit Study based on “Tolerance,” one of 17 suggested course topics in Chapter 9. Each course explores individual topics of interest in relation to Three Core Concepts: Awareness, Honesty, and Responsibility. It has been a marvelous journey so far!

This CWG-inspired Core Concepts Curriculum is open to ALL Ages and Stages of Learning. I’m happy to present this project to like-minded Thinkers and look forward to hearing others’ Stories and Experiences to supplement our studies.

[i]Laissez les bons temps rouler ~ I AM![/i]
([i]Let the good times roll[/i], as the Cajuns always say!)

Penne and the [i]CanDo![/i] Crew : )( :

CanDoCOOP
Site Admin

Excerpt: CWG Book 2, Chapter 9

Post by CanDoCOOP » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:35 am

From Conversations with God, Book 2, Chapter 9 on the subject of EDUCATION for the Next Generation:
[Quoted here for educational purposes only, according to Fair Use Law]

Why do you place your children in schools where competition is allowed and encouraged, where being the “best” and learning the “most” is rewarded, where “performance” is graded, and moving at one’s own pace is barely tolerated? What does your child understand from this?

Why do you not teach your children of movement and music and the joy of art and the mystery of fairy tales and the wonder of life? Why do you not bring out what is naturally found in the child, rather than seek to put in what is unnatural to the child?

And why do you not allow your young ones to learn logic and critical thinking and problem solving and creation, using the tools of their own intuition and their deepest inner knowing, rather than the rules and the memorized systems and conclusions of a society which has already proven itself to be wholly unable to evolve by these methods, yet continues to use them?

Finally, teach concepts, not subjects.

Devise a new curriculum, and build it around three Core Concepts:

Awareness
Honesty
Responsibility

Walsch, Neale Donald. The Complete Conversations with God (Conversations with God Series) (pp. 297-298). Penguin Publishing Group. Kindle Edition.

Here are the 17 course topics suggested by God in the same chapter:

• Understanding Power • Peaceful Conflict Resolution • Elements of Loving Relationships • Personhood and Self Creation • Body, Mind and Spirit: How They Function • Engaging Creativity • Celebrating Self, Valuing Others • Joyous Sexual Expression • Fairness • Tolerance • Diversities and Similarities • Ethical Economics • Creative Consciousness and Mind Power • Awareness and Wakefulness • Honesty and Responsibility • Visibility and Transparency • Science and Spirituality

Neale: Much of this is taught right now. We call it Social Studies.

I am not talking about a 2-day unit in a semester-long course. I am talking about separate courses on each of these things. I am talking about a complete revision of your schools’ curricula. I am speaking of a values-based curriculum. You are now teaching what is largely a facts-based curriculum.

I am talking about focusing your children’s attention as much on understanding the core concepts and the theoretical structures around which their value system may be constructed as you now do on dates and facts and statistics.

Walsch, Neale Donald. The Complete Conversations with God (Conversations with God Series) (pp. 301-302). Penguin Publishing Group. Kindle Edition.