GENERAL DISCUSSION

Sharing stories, experiences, and CWG resources on this Course topic in relation to Three Core Concepts: Awareness, Honesty, and Responsibility.
CanDoCOOP
Site Admin

GENERAL DISCUSSION

Post by CanDoCOOP » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:41 am

CWG-inspired Core Concepts Curriculum
Week 1 Unit Study: Understanding Power

ISO: Stories, Experiences, and CWG Resources on this Course topic in relation to Three Core Concepts: Awareness (A), Honesty (H), and Responsibility (R). Add your thoughts and insights in comments below (no outside links, please.) Neale says these examples can come from anywhere and everywhere, but here we will focus on personal stories and experiences in relation to CWG resources. Here are my notes from our Unit Study, along with contributions from members of the CanDo! Creative Arts CO-OP, who have been helping “devise” this new curriculum for the past eleven weeks:

“With Great Power comes Great Responsibility” ~ Uncle Ben to Peter Parker (aka Spider-Man)

Working on “Understanding Power,” the first values-based course in the new educational curriculum proposed in Chapter 9, “Conversations with God” (CWG), Book 2, by our own Neale Donald Walsch. This famous line from Spider-Man came to mind. My kids love Marvel, so it appeals as a Unit Study, but in my study on Highly Evolved Beings (HEBs) from CWG Book 4, one of the 16 Characteristics of HEBs addresses this directly:

-=- If your objective is to raise offspring free of violence and rage, placing them directly in front of vivid depictions of violence and rage during their most impressionable years does not work. This has already been demonstrated.

Walsch, Neale Donald. Conversations with God, Book 4: Awaken the Species . Rainbow Ridge Books. Kindle Edition. -=-

Come to think of it, though — this is a great exercise for Critical Thinking, if not Divine Logic and Deepest Inner Knowing (applications and tools for the new curriculum God proposes in CWG Book 2.)

Last week I declined to rewatch “Iron Man 2” with the kids in keeping with my commitment to let go of violent imagery and focus on what works in my life. My teen was disappointed because the Marvel movies have been something we’ve always done together as a family. She even completed the runDisney/Marvel 80th anniversary race series this summer to celebrate her 13th birthday.
However, she knows I was very disturbed by the unusual intensity of the violence in “Avengers: Infinity Wars.” Thankfully, they toned it down for the final “Avengers: Endgame,” perhaps in response to public outcry (if there was one.) Not sure. This storyline is an interesting/graphic commentary and illustration of “Power” and the results of thinking annihilation of a species is a solution to the problem of poor stewardship of the planet. Thoughts?

More resources for this topic:
(A) With Great Power — The Stan Lee Story (YouTube)
(H) The Neighbourhood – Honesty (The Amazing Spider-Man 2 theme song)
(R) The Philosophy of Spider-Man (YouTube); Spider-Man (2002) ‘Responsibility Theme’ Soundtrack (YouTube)
My teens and I had some really thoughtful discussions on “Understanding Power” from family to our friendly neighborhood Spider-Man to national and world affairs. Please share your own stories, experiences, etc., in the comments below. Thanks!

CanDoCOOP
Site Admin

Re: GENERAL DISCUSSION

Post by CanDoCOOP » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:54 am

CWG-inspired Core Concepts Curriculum
Week 1 “Understanding Power”
Critical Thinking: Money, Power, Relationships, and the Principle of Visibility*

CWG Book 2, Chapter 9 on EDUCATION [Quoted here for educational purposes only, according to Fair Use Law]:

-=- Devise a new curriculum, and build it around three Core Concepts:

Awareness
Honesty
Responsibility

Teach your children these concepts from the earliest age. Have them run through the curriculum until the final day. Base your entire educational model upon them. Birth all instruction deep within them.

Neale: I don’t understand what that would mean.

It means everything you teach would come from within these concepts.

Neale: Can you explain that? How would we teach the three R’s?

From the earliest primers to your more sophisticated readers, all tales, stories, and subject matter would revolve around the core concepts. That is, they would be stories of awareness, stories dealing with honesty, stories about responsibility. Your children would be introduced to the concepts, injected into the concepts, immersed in the concepts.

Writing tasks likewise would revolve around these Core Concepts, and others which are attendant to them as the child grows in the ability to self express.

Even computation skills would be taught within this framework. Arithmetic and mathematics are not abstractions, but are the most basic tools in the universe for living life. The teaching of all computation skills would be contextualized within the larger life experience in a way which draws attention to, and places focus upon, the Core Concepts and their derivatives.

Neale: What are these “derivatives”?

To use a phrase which your media people have made popular, they are the spin-offs. The entire educational model can be based on these spin-offs, replacing the subjects in your present curriculum, which teach, basically, facts.

Walsch, Neale Donald. The Complete Conversations with God (Conversations with God Series) (pp. 298-299). Penguin Publishing Group. Kindle Edition. -=-

*Look for #StoriesandExperiences under the Chat forum topic, CWG-inspired "Worldwide Compensation System (WCS)”